Sunday, March 8, 2015

Introduction

Greetings! I'm glad you've found your way to my little blog. I'm Shannon, known in the SCA as Lady Shannon inghaen Bhriain ui Dhuilleain (don't worry--I can't pronounce it either!). My main art form is (currently) leather work, but I also dabble in Fingerloop Braiding, Viking Wire Weaving, Illumination, and ... well, whatever else strikes my fancy at any given moment!

This blog is intended not only as a showcase of my work, but as a living, breathing record of HOW these things are created. I hope to post step-by-step instructions of the art forms as I learn/practice them, along with in-progress photos and any helpful tips or lessons learned that I glean along the way. That way, when I come back 'round to any given art in another six years, I don't have to start completely from scratch!

All photos, documents, and posts contained herein are (c) Shannon Dillon, unless otherwise noted. I grant permission for non-commercial reposting/reprinting of my work with proper credit given (and a link back to my blog, if possible, would be muchly appreciated as well!).

No comments:

Post a Comment